July 08, 2012

BLACK BEAN SALSA

The other night I was trying to find a new way to satisfy my never ending desire for Mexican food. And, well, this happened. 
It's a gorgeously spicy fresh salsa with the added omph of black beans. 
Fingers crossed that this salsa will be the stepping stone I need to get me to try a corn salsa one day soon as i have a weird aversion to this Mexican classic.... I have no idea why either.
This salsa may also be the way to get Dexter to eat a bean. Ok, Ok, so it's unlikely that will happen but if it does, then this salsa has magical properties. I'd totally go as far as to say that, as it's sooooo good. 
Errr, what are you waiting for? Go MAKE!



*I served this salsa with some charred tortillas (flour) and some chicken i'd marinated in some sweet smoked paprika, dried chilli, garlic lemon juice & olive oil (i'm thinking that would work well with tofu too - i'll let you know, or you let me know?)

Black Bean Salsa (serves 2 - 4)

You will need:
335g cherry tomatoes - chopped
1 x 400g tin of black beans - drained & rinsed
1 x med bunch of corriander - leaves finely chopped
1 x red onion - finely chopped
3 x garlic cloves - peeled & pressed
1 x lime - juice only
1 x unwaxed lemon - rind only
1 tsp red tabasco sauce
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

and you will need to do this (it's SO easy i could just write M.I.X):

1. Gather your ingredients.

2. In a large bowl, combine your chopped onion, black beans & your chopped cherry toms.
3. Add your corriander, garlic & lemon rind. 
4. Sprinkle with your salt & black pepper, then dress with your lime juice & tabasco sauce.
5. Mix.
6. Chill for about 30 mins.
7. Serve.

7. EAT IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment