July 01, 2012

DAY TRIPPERS

So, my In-Laws left London.
They decided that sixy-plus years living in the Big Smoke was a pretty good innings & they'd quite like to follow their dreams now & go & live by the sea. Hurrah!
Today we went to visit them at their lovely new home, in their new little sleepy town on the South Coast. 
Ferring was actually our closest beach when we lived in London so I've been here many times, but it wasn't until today that I realised how calming it was down that way - despite the mental, and i mean  hyper-mental wind!
There's not a hell of a lot going on (nothing) but that is totally part of the charm & instead of tons of cafes, bars & galleries lining the coast line, you've just got beach, fields & the odd fresh fish hut. I Love that.
Of course as I was born by the sea, i've got saltwater running through my veins (alongside pinot grigio) but even if you are the hardest of city souls, you can't help but be happy at the end of a day full of sea therapy (totally exists).
Here are some pics! Enjoy x

and blimey o riley.... this is only like 1/3 of their garden....

No comments:

Post a Comment