June 09, 2012

SPICY PRAWN LINGUINE W/ TOMATOES AND HERBS

Three things I know...
1. I AM SCATTY
Very, very scatty! I'm that girl who walks upstairs to get something, then comes down empty handed after 20 minutes, waving the white flag of forgetfulness.
I'm the one who has been meeting you for coffee every Wednesday for the past five years, yet still asks you if you take milk & sugar every time we meet.
I always lose my phone & it's always in the same place (under my seat in the car because I always put it on the car floor) yet i still spend ages hunting it down.
I never, ever know where my keys are which basically means if they are not in the front door lock, then the world is their oyster.
I have 1 calendar, 2 diaries & numerous alerts on my iPhone - yet I still forget everything.
This is annoying to everyone around me (i'm totally aware of this), but what pisses ME off the most about being scatty, is the people who are not at all, but claim to be because they think it's an endearing personality trait! Oh lord! I hear "oh, I'm soooo scatty" from truely well-organised people whose houses looks like a bloody Elle Decoration spread. It's up there with somebody saying "I'm such a nightmare" or "I'm so ditzy" in terms of aaaaaagggghhhhh!
So, no people, NO! Being a genuine scatterbrain makes life tricky.

2. I AM TERRIBLY IMPATIENT
Ha! Isn't that the understatement of 2012! This is incredibly annoying to both me and my husband, but lets be honest, mainly him.
If I see something I need/want/have to have, it's like I had to have had it yesterday.
Lets say I'm in town & i buy a new bag. Simple stuff, right? WRONG! I can't carry this amazing new product about with me in a paper bag and wait until I get home to unleash its glory. Not. A. Chance! No,  I have to go to the public toilets & change every single thing from my old bag into my new amazing bag so i can use it RIGHT NOW.
Yes, Yes, I also do this with shoes.
I'm she who freely opens birthday cards days before my birthday & I am she who finds Secret Santa's hard work as it is literally impossible for me wait until the allocated opening time. Ooops sorry girls, my secrets out!
But, y'know I've accepted that this is just how i am , it's normal to me, and I'm fine with it.
It's those people who have the patience to build their own houses from scratch? They are the weirdos!

3. I EAT WAY TOO MANY PRAWNS
And i seem to be encouraging you all to do the same (do it). How can I not with recipes such as this very very lovely spicy prawn linguine with tomato & herbs?! It's a very light pasta dish, that's refreshing, spicy, we eat it a lot and IT'S CARBS! Score! Mmmmm.....carbs...




SPICY PRAWN LINGUINE WITH TOMATOES & HERBS
recipe adapted from Gino D'acampo here

so here's what you'll need for two:
- 190g linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil / spray oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 10 large raw prawns
- 10 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 75ml white wine
- 2 heaped tbsp of fresh parsley - finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp of fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only

and you will need to do this:
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, and cook your linguine as per packet instuctions.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan & when hot add your onions & garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
3. Add your prawns & chilli flakes, and cook for approx 2-3 minutes, or until your prawns are *just* cooked through.
4. Add your tomatoes & white wine & cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in your basil, parsley & squeeze the juice from your lemon.
6. When your lingune is cooked, drain & add to the pan.
7. Either put the lid on your pan & shake it about a bit or just mix together to combine.
8. SERVE!
9. Enjoy those prawns ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment